diarrhea when pregnant

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

jeudi 10 mai 2012

13 weeks

Posted on 19:25 by Unknown
13weeks 4days - no more jelly bean!

Well I got my appointment with my OB this week. They were really great to fit me in on such short notice. My OB seemed really friendly and informative and the nurse was great too! I had a whole list of questions to ask them, but of course they just went straight out the window when I got there. Thankfully, they pretty much answered everything I was wondering about anyway.

So onto the scan. This one was done on the belly (no internal scan, thank goodness!) I was worried that I hadn't drunk enough water and if I could go to the toilet beforehand, but turns out it wasn't an issue at all. Once the doctor put the scanning thingo on my belly,  I could actually recognise features of a little baby.  It wasn't a jelly bean anymore. We could see the face, arms and legs and a little round belly. And  I cannot describe how amazing it is to our little one moving around in there. It just didn't want to keep still at all, it was twisting and tumbling around! But the doctor was able to get a few good shots. It's hard to believe that all of that is going on inside, and I can't feel any of it at all.

You can also get the baby checked for their risk of developing Down Syndrome. The Nuchal Fold Test measures a fluid sac on the back of the neck for any chromosomal abnormality. While the doctor was able to measure it, he said that because the scan was left a bit late, the test wouldn't be as accurate.  He told us that the baby was within the safe range (less than 300? - not sure what that meant). We could have gone ahead for further testing, but he didn't see any reason for it. So we were happy with that.

The appointment went well. Baby was 79mm, which was the expected length at that time. The doctor explained a few of the horrors of childbirth and the expected procedures. He prefers to go with a natural childbirth, unless certain complications prevented it. He also said that because this was an IVF pregnancy, he would prefer to only let me go 1 week past the due date. This was because for some unknown reason, IVF pregnancies seem to present unexpected labour complications. OK, that's fair enough.

So, we were happy overall. Baby is coming along nicely. Phew! 27(ish) weeks to go.


Envoyer par e-mailBlogThis!Partager sur XPartager sur Facebook
Posted in Family, Pregnancy No.1, Second Trimester, Tests, Ultrasound | No comments
Article plus récent Article plus ancien Accueil

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Inscription à : Publier les commentaires (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Synarel
    Synarel Nasal Spray So, I've been using Synarel since I started my IVF Cycle. Synarel is commonly prescribed for use for IVF programmes...
  • And the Merry-Go-Round goes round and round...
    We are currently in discussion mode for our next cycle for No. 2. But I don't really want to talk about the complications or logistics s...
  • Day 20 - How easy it is to use Gonal-f
    This is my 5th day of Gonal-f injections, and I think I'm getting pretty good at it! My hand does get a bit shaky to begin with, but on...
  • Day 17 - Sniffing and injecting drugs
    I conquered the Gonal-F injection yesterday! I have to say that this is the part (or ONE of the parts) that I was dreading about this whole ...
  • Welcome to motherhood
    No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I may have been teetering on the precipice for a while, but I am happy to report that I ...
  • The Great Pram Debacle
    The bad luck charm on 3 wheels (not our actual pram, but same model) OK, so a long time ago, we were given a pram... We were still in our fi...
  • Happy Birthday Junior C
    Dear Junior C, How exciting! You're a year old already!! We have already started thinking about trying for a little brother or sister (c...
  • Day 25 - Second Blood Test, First Ultra Sound
    This morning I had my follow up blood test and my ultra sound to check how my little follicles were going. I was feeling pretty optimistic. ...
  • Day 12 - Emotional relapse
    I've been in for my blood test and the nurse has just rung with my results. I was tested for my progesterone levels and pregnancy. She t...
  • 20 weeks - It's a Boy!
    20 week scan - little baby boy. So we've had our 20 week scan and discovered the flavour of the baby is Blueberry!! In a way, it's n...

Categories

  • Apps
  • Blood test
  • Cost
  • Family
  • Fertility Centre
  • First Trimester
  • IVF
  • IVF Cycle No. 2
  • IVF Cycle No.1
  • IVF Drugs
  • Labour
  • Motherhood
  • Naturopathy
  • Pregnancy No.1
  • Preparing for Baby
  • Second Trimester
  • Social Situations
  • Tests
  • Third Trimester
  • Trying to Conceive
  • Turkey Basting
  • Two Week Wait
  • TWW
  • Ultrasound

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (1)
    • ►  mars (1)
  • ►  2013 (6)
    • ►  novembre (2)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (2)
  • ▼  2012 (41)
    • ►  novembre (2)
    • ►  septembre (3)
    • ►  août (3)
    • ►  juillet (3)
    • ►  juin (1)
    • ▼  mai (4)
      • 16 weeks - First Movements!
      • 15 weeks
      • 13 weeks
      • 12 weeks
    • ►  avril (2)
    • ►  mars (9)
    • ►  février (10)
    • ►  janvier (4)
  • ►  2011 (15)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (4)
    • ►  octobre (5)
    • ►  septembre (2)
    • ►  mai (2)
Fourni par Blogger.

Qui êtes-vous ?

Unknown
Afficher mon profil complet